If you hate bugs then the last thing you want is to return from holiday and find them having a party in your place. Here’s a few, mostly obvious, things to do before you leave:
- Clean – especially kitchen worktops.
- Throw away any open containers of food.
- Empty the fridge of perishable items.
- Empty and clean the wastebins, especially the kitchen.
- Pour bleach down the plugholes and put the plugs in.
- Bleach the toilet(s).
- Close the windows and, if you have them, air vents.
- Finally, if you live in England where milk is still delivered, cancel the milk delivery!