This is the ninth in the series of reviews of my trip to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Francisco. The following links will become clickable after each review becomes available:
- London Heathrow T5 Business Parking
- British Airways Premium Economy – London Heathrow to Las Vegas
- New York, New York Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Anaheim, Los Angeles
- Universal Studios Hollywood, VIP Experience
- American Airlines – Los Angeles to San Francisco – Economy (plus BART)
- Villa Florence Hotel, San Francisco
- Alcatraz Tour, San Francisco
- British Airways Lounge San Francisco Airport
- British Airways Club World – San Francisco to London
- London Heathrow Airside Transfer T5 to T3
The House of Nanking has a good reputation and there are stories about queues running down the street. The restaurant also featured in a Jamie Oliver TV show. We visited on a Monday in November and were able to walk right in and find a table for five of us.
The place is quite small and isn’t posh. The owner approached us and said we could do away with the menus and he’d just feed us – we agreed.
I won’t pretend to be an expert on Chinese food, or detail all the dishes that arrived. But I can say that everything was delicious.
We had plenty of drinks, including a few bottles of wine, but the bill was pretty reasonable – less than $30 a head I think.
I’d recommend a visit.
House of Nanking
919 Kearny St (Btwn Jackson St & Pacific Ave)
San Francisco, CA 94133
Tel: (415) 421-1429