Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous new year! My thoughts also go out to those missing on AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 and their friends and families.
I thought I’d look back on some of my posts from 2014. Just in case you missed them first time around:
- In January I posted a great holiday video made by Jiří Maruščinec and if you didn’t watch it back then, I’d recommend you do now.
- In March, I reflected on our stay in Club Premium at the Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe Hotel – Dominican Republic. I’m still hoping to go back next year, although the prices seem higher now and I’m hoping for a sale.
- In April, I wrote about our cruise on the Celebrity Constellation – Port Everglades – Cozumel – Key West – Port Everglades – 5 nights. At the time I said that I wouldn’t be interested in another cruise – but looking back I really did enjoy the Blu Restaurant on board. It’s a pity that restaurant doesn’t exist on shore as I’d really like to eat there again.
- In May, Etihad Airways unveiled their new A380 aircraft that included ‘The Residence’. The 11 square metre (125 sq ft) Residence is located at the front of the Upper deck and consists of three rooms; a living room, bedroom with double bed and private bathroom with shower. I shared a terrible video by Danni Minogue and also speculated on whether Etihad would condone the use of The Residence by unmarried couples.
- In June, I wrote about our trip to Tuscany. We enjoyed the Una Hotel in Forte dei Marmi, found a great roadside kiosk, an incredibly picturesque town called Viareggio and visited a great restaurant there. I also wrote about a really terrible restaurant called Pizza Orlando.
- In August, I found myself looking at, what appeared to be, twin brothers, sitting in the One World lounge in Zurich Airport. I also reviewed the Barceló Castillo Beach Resort, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.
- In September, I was finally able to review the Secret Cinema presentation of the movie ‘Back to the Future’ after my initial tickets were cancelled. Secret Cinema did offer me four tickets to a future screening as compensation, but now won’t respond to my emails. In my last email, I mentioned court action, so we’ll see what happens.
- In November, I posted advice about claiming up to EUR600 in compensation for delayed/cancelled flights under EU rule 261/2004. I also discovered that you don’t have to show your boarding pass when purchasing non-duty free items at the airport.
- This month, you can see an article just below this one about Christmas in the Czech Republic.
The search that brings most people to bugadvisor.com isn’t related to bugs, hotels nor airlines – it’s about the key lock boxes manufactured by the Supra lock box company. The last post I wrote about these boxes was back in August 2013. So I hope everyone knows by now that the combinations are less than you would initially think. Although I still haven’t published the list of all possible combinations, I have sent them to several people who were able to provide enough information that they had an honest need for the list.