There are plenty of airlines offering ‘Black Friday’ deals. Some deals are interesting, but none except those from Virgin Atlantic made me say “Wow! that’s an amazing deal!”.
It may sound like Virgin Atlantic paid me to write this article – I didn’t receive anything from them.
I visited https://www.virginatlantic.com/content/vaa/gb/en/flight-deals/black-friday.html and scrolled down until I saw this panel:
£999 for a Virgin Upper Class return is an absolute bargain – the premium check in, the Virgin Clubhouse lounge, the great food and service and a seat that folds flat. I really enjoyed my Upper Class flight between London and Los Angeles.
Usually when you see ‘Sale from £999’ it means just a few fares at that price – this is different – there are loads of flights and destinations available.
I clicked on View Deals. The following flights were offered:
- London Heathrow LHR – Barbados BGI
- London Heathrow LHR – New York JFK
- London Heathrow LHR – Orlando MCO
- London Heathrow LHR – Miami MIA
- London Heathrow LHR – Tobago TAB
- London Heathrow LHR – Tel Aviv TLV
- London Heathrow LHR – Boston BOS
- London Heathrow LHR – Seattle SEA
- London Heathrow LHR – San Francisco SFO
Each flight has a set of example dates. For example, LHR – JFK.
And that does present plenty of options for those dates.
But those aren’t the only dates available. I clicked on ‘Calendar View’ and was able to browse all the way to June 2021 and see the same prices.
But it actually gets even better. Virgin Atlantic have a flexible re-booking policy. You could book a fare for £989 then change it for any similar fare to any destination and even a different name and it won’t cost anything. You can also change it for a fare that is £350 more and it still won’t cost anything. Even if the fare was £500 more, you’d only pay £150. So if you want to fly when the price is £1304, just book a £989 flight and then change it to the more expensive flight.
You can also request a credit note if you aren’t sure of the new dates.
Rules: If you book before 31 Dec 2020, for travel all the way up to 31 Aug 2021, we’ll waive the change fees (for up to two changes or one name change) if you choose to amend your booking. You can rebook to travel anytime before 31 December 2022.
If £999 for an Upper Class return is too much, the prices for Premium Economy are also amazing. For example £536 return LHR – JFK. It really isn’t worth looking at the Economy fares with Premium Economy at this price.
All flights come with free Coronavirus insurance:
- Up to £500,000 for necessary and emergency medical expenses incurred due to Coronavirus affecting you or your travelling companions
- Repatriation due to Coronavirus, should it be medically necessary
- Denied Boarding/Quarantine – We will cover many necessary additional costs should you or your travelling companion be denied boarding or individually requested to quarantine in your destination due to Coronavirus, including personal accommodation, transport charges, refreshments, booking amendment fees and other travel expenses incurred
- Cover for the whole duration of your trip, with no upper limit on the length of your time away
- Cover for all passengers with no restrictions on age, travel class or length of journey
You’ll still need regular travel insurance, but as many companies won’t cover Coronavirus, this cover is a good bonus.
So what are you waiting for – go book it!
Use your credit card and your protected should Virgin Atlantic go bust.